Speaking, workshops and interviews
I love to be able to share my knowledge and I am available to speak, give papers and facilitate workshops on a variety of topics, including: Karl Barth for ordinary people; faith, mission and church in the 21st century; pastoring young adults; disagreeing well theologically; the development of ideas in the history of the Christian tradition (e.g. hell, the Trinity, election); the book of Revelation; theology of worship; refugee ministry in a European context (with a focus on Farsi speaking refugees).
I am also very happy to consider preaching invitations either in German or English.
If you are interested in having me to come and speak, preach, facilitate a workshop or teach, just drop me a note!
Here’s a small selection of speaking, preaching and workshops that I have been involved in.
- January 2019 – presented a paper on the theology of patience and theological disagreement at the UK baptist Theology Live event. You can listen to it here. (English)
- December 2018 – a day-long deep dive into the theology and imagery of the book of Revelation for ProjectVienna.
- October 2018 – led a workshop on delayed justice in the thought of Dr Martin Luther King for the Burning Church festival (German).
- August 2017 – co-led a workshop on the theology of hell in the theological tradition for the Burning Church festival (German).
- August 2015 – BBC World Service, World Have Your Say. Taking part in a panel discussion about the refugee crisis in Austria and Europe. (English)
- November 2015 – BBC Radio Derby, Aleena Naylor’s Morning Show. Interview with Revd David Howe about fundraising partnership between a Baptist church in the UK and Austria Baptist Aid’s refugee work. (English)
8th September 2015, Baptist Union of Great Britain, Welcoming refugees in Austria. Link
30th January 2015, Kouyanet, Kouyanet Reader: David B. Link
9th October 2013, Catalyst Live, Mission of the Mind: David Bunce. Link